Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Adsense: Please Don't Cheat.

Hey guys! So it's been almost a week since I posted; sorry for the lack of content I swear I will post something in the next couple days after I write my review of The Five Year Engagement for SidewalkOnline Magazine. I haven't decided what on yet. Maybe I will tell you about the breast Leprechaun or maybe write a horribly defamatory story about my neighbors. I don't know. We'll see. It'll probably be a thoughts from places sort of thing though since I just checked out an exhibit on Cleopatra at the California Science Center. (Nerdfighter girl I ran into there, if you ever read this it was nice seeing seeing you repping the pizza John shirt and don't forget to be awesome.) and it was kinda inspirational as to the effects of an individual and the secrecy of the past.
But I digress.
The real point I'm writing this almost-diary-entry-like post today is because I have had a recent influx of ad clicks and I would like to both thank you for your patronage and ask a favor of you. First the gratitude. Thank you guys for clicking on the ads it means a lot to me that you are even reading my blog and by looking at that stuff your are helping me support myself through my writing and that means quite a bit to me. However, the pattern of the clicks have been somewhat suspicious so I would like to make something clear, if you click on ads I need you to make sure to only click on ads that legitimately interest you. I promise nothing weird will ever pop up from any of the advertisements and I made sure to block silly stuff like dating ads, mostly cause that's not really the content I want people to associate my blog with. (with which I want people to be associating my blog! Jeez Scott, get it together.) Anyway, google thinks that oddly patterned clicks are not really clicks, rather just me scamming them out of money so I urge you: if you find the ad legitimately interesting, click on it. If not, don't. I don't write these posts for money, I do them for fun so don't worry about ads that don't seem interesting to you.
Also! I would really like to start hearing back from my readers so if you guys could start following me through google reader
There should be a link right over there
and commenting on my posts with your thoughts, what else you'd like to see from my blog, or what you ate for lunch it would be much appreciated. And I will reply to all of your comments. ALL OF THEM. So yeah, sorry for the kinda boring post, if you would like to see something more interesting you can check out a better adsense rant here. Or enjoy this video (which I believe I have posted before) of a manatee running into some glass:

No comments:

Post a Comment