Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Best Burger I May Have Ever Had


So I have never reviewed food before so this will be a little difficult for me. But I think the deliciousness of this burger is so great that I must share it. So today my friends and I were chatting about where to grab dinner. We had a lot of vegetarians with us so we were thinking something veggie friendly like Thai or Chinese. Then my friend suggested Mick's Karma Bar. Which is a burger joint. We laughed at him then said, yeah ok. So we went to this burger joint (Mick's Karma Bar, I'm gonna plug this places name as many times as I can so you guys go there), which is located in the restaurant section of one of those blocks filled with big businesses like Wells Fargo in Irvine, CA. Anyway we get there, and first off, the environment is just awesome. There are some weird modern art benches around this giant pond and a whole bunch of outdoor seating cafe style.  It feels totally unlike Irvine; it's pretty; it smelled good; it felt like there was actual culture (in case you can't tell I really hate Irvine). But so after discussing and agreeing that the outdoor seating was quaint and attractive, we entered Mick's Karma Bar and took a look at the menu. 5 burgers.
They had some other stuff that I'll probably never try
cause I'll always want the burger

5 burgers. I got the Karma Burger, their staple, some steak fries and a strawberry lemonade, all for a little less than ten bucks. It only took about ten or so minutes for us to get our food, and when we did. Oh my gosh. Everyone at our table had some sort of food induced orgasm. Even my vegetarian friends (you can sub a veggie patty free of charge) demanded we come back. I have had a lot of good burgers in my day. I'm a bit of a burger enthusiast. But this burger. Something about this burger - No . EVERYTHING about this burger was perfect. Amazingly high quality meat. Not cooked till after I ordered it (I know I chatted with Mick a bit after my meal). Cooked to literal perfection. Not tough nor crunchy. All the vegetables were fresh (how did they get tomatoes so perfectly plump and easily bitten into?). Good bread. Even the fries and lemonade were phenomenal. My point is the food was damn good. And then on top of all that the staff was friendly and helpful. Mick was insanely passionate about his burger joint and how important quality was to him. All in all it was just a wonderful experience. The best burger I've ever had, with great surface, and a great environment. Next time you're in Irvine and you're craving a burger, search this up on google and find it. It's worth the little money it costs and definitely worth the effort you have to put in to finding this place. And this, is the burger:


No comments:

Post a Comment